If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect fall kick-off! Squash provides a subtle sweetness that rounds out the spices and peppers in this dish.
(This recipe was loosely inspired by a squash soup recipe by http://simpleseasonal.com/) —Chrystal Jenkins
- 5 cups Blue Hubbard squash, peeled & diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 poblano, diced
- 2 hatch chiles, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon pasilla chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Spray heavy bottomed dutch oven with cooking spray, then add diced onions, peppers, garlic, and squash to pan.
- Saute vegetables until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, beans, diced chicken, and herbs.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal