If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick, easy and delicious for a cold day. Freezes well. I have been making this family favorite for at least the last 20 years. —Lisa
Serves 8 or 4 w/leftovers
- 2 pounds Ground Beef (or 1lb Turkey/1lb Beef)
- 2 Chopped Bell Peppers (can use green, red, orange, yellow)
- 29 ounces can tomato sauce
- 29 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In Dutch oven, brown meat over medium high heat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add chopped peppers to ground meat and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, bouillon cubes, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Add cooked brown rice and stir to heat through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal