If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wanting to get away from the run-of-the-mill plain hummus, I decided to use delicata squash and curry powder to liven things up! —KrisW
Serves a bunch
- 19 ounces Can of chickpeas
- 1/2 Roasted delicata squash (medium sized)
- 1/4 cup Tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder (or to taste)
- 1-4 tablespoons Water
- Almond oil -- (for drizzling)
- Add chickpeas, Delicata squash (I used leftover roasted delicata from the night before -- if you need to roast yours, refer to note at the end of recipe), tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and curry powder to a food processor.
- Processor ingredients, scraping down the sides every so often. Add water 1 tbsp at a time through the feed tube until a thick, paste-like consistency is achieved.
- Serve with a drizzle of almond oil and a dusting of curry powder. If you're really keen use roasted delicata seeds to garnish.
- Note: to roast delicata squash, first wash the squash (skin is edible, no peeling required). Then cut in half lengthwise and deseed (seeds can be saved to roast later if desired). Cut each half into 2 cm "U" shaped pieces. Coat w/ oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Roast in a 425c oven for 30-40 minutes -- turning the pieces over half way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding to the food processor.