If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: one pot, super simple and very much a satisfying dish. Lentils are the best! —Colleen Stem
Serves 2 -3 folks
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 head of cabbage (red or green) shredded
- a few big kale leaves chopped
- Add water, lentils, the zest and juice of 1 lemon and about a teaspoon of salt and pepper to a pot. Mince garlic and add that in too. Bring to a boil then place a lid on it and turn down to simmer. After about 15 minutes, give lentils a stir. At this point the lentils should be a al denta, but just about done.( If you notice the lentils seem dry, just add a bit more water) Layer on the cabbage and kale, adding in a splashof water. Replace lid and let simmer of another 5-8 , or until lentils are cooked and the veggies are you cooked to your liking.
- Pile Veggies and lentils into a bowl and serve with a wedge if lemon. Salt and pepper to taste Place into you mouth with a spoon or fork.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal