If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasted beets are a year-round, must-eat staple in the house. Beets are filled with good-for-you nutrients and bring out their natural sweetness when roasted. Combine that with a little Tahini, lemon juice, and zucchini, and you have a true Paleo treat. Who says you need beans to make hummus?! Serve this beautiful dip with some carrot sticks and your guests will be amazed.
Original recipe: http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/recipe/roasted-beetroot-hummus/ —Ultimate Paleo Guide
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 Beets (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 Zucchini (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 5 to 6 Carrots (peeld and cut into sticks)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the beet quarters on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the beets are fork tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor combine the roasted beets, chopped zucchini, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with carrot sticks and enjoy!