If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a non-traditional, vegetarian pizza recipe that will be sure to knock you and your pizza loving friends socks off! —Tyler Robb
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 tablespoon Dry-active yeast
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 4 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (fine grain)
- Stir yeast and sugar into warm water in a large bowl; set aside until liquid starts to bubble and foam, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in oil. Add flour and salt, stirring until dough is smooth; stir in more flour as needed.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes and place in a large bowl; cover bowl with a damp towel. Allow dough to rise for 20 to 30 minutes. Place dough on a pizza stone and roll out with a rolling pin. ( and if you don't have a pizza stone, get one. or just rolled the dough into whatever shape pizza you feel comfortable with.)
Butternut Squash Sauce
- 1/2 cup Celery ( chopped )
- 1/2 cup carrots ( chopped )
- 1 cup Red Onion ( diced )
- 2 Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Apple-cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- to taste Kosher Salt
- In a large sauce pan heat oil and add carrots, celery, red onion, and butternut squash and cook until caramelized.
- Add honey. Deglaze with apple cider vinegar and while constantly stirring add the heavy cream.
- Let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Blend ingredients together until sauce consistency. ( I prefer and immersion blender or stick blender).
- Add salt to taste
- I topped mine with charred Collard greens, Havarti cheese, portabello mushrooms and garnished with freshly cracked black pepper, but feel free to spice yours up any way you want.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal