If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yesterday afternoon, I invented this lovely RAW VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE! Ooh yes, it is a real beauty!
It is CREAMY, HEALTHY & DELICIOUS! You can cut them up like smaller bars or you can eat a bigger slice,…It is up to you! ;) Let’s see how I made them! —Sophies Foodie
Serves 9 persons
For the Raw brownie base layer:
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup pitted soft large dates
- 2 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the Raw chocolate cheesecake layer:
- 1 +1/3 cups (200 gr) in water soaked cashews, unroasted, unsalted, well rinsed & well-drained ( soaked for at least 8 hours!! until puffed up & soft)
- 2 tablespoons (15 gr) raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large soft pitted dates
- First, make the raw brownie base. Take food processor & place S-blade in. Add Brazil nuts & pulse them, but not too fine. In the end, you still want some pieces of them into your lovely brownie base. See 1 st picture above! Now, add pitted dates, solid coconut oil & raw cacao powder. Pulse until it is fully mixed in. Taste. My base was a bit crumbly & not so sweet so I added 1 tablespoon of maple syrup & pulsed again on speed 1 & 2. I only have 2 speeds. Taste again. It is just a bit sweet but not overly sweet , just the way, I like it. Take a cheesecake pan & place fitted ring on & secure. Grease base & sides of the pan in with vegan butter. Now, place your raw brownie base all over the base of the pan. You want a thicker layer, so push it all well into the base & sides. Push it with your hand into the base. I still had 3 tablespoons of filling over. Use if for later on, to snack on or to top a vegan yoghurt. Yum too! :) Now, place into the freezer to stiff up, for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the raw chocolate cheesecake filling! Take your Vitamix or a really good blender & place your cashews, cacao powder, maple syrup, dates, water & melted coconut oil in it. Place fitted lid & tamper in. Turn on high power until fully joined, using the tamper to push ingredients into the running blades. Stop from time to time. Scrape the sides & mix again. Taste. The filling is very creamy, chocolately & just sweetened enough. (If you like it to be more sweet, add a bit more dates or maple syrup.) Take your cheesecake pan out of the freezer & smear your filling on top. It is not easy to smear it on all of the sides, but a knife worked for me. See that your filling is equally divided & place into the freezer for about 3-4 hours. 3. If you want to eat it, take it out of the freezer, 15 minutes before serving otherwise you will end up with ice-cream bars! Wait 5-10 minutes & click the ring open & carefully with your hands take if off the base. Now, with help of a large pallet knife, place it under your base & carefully slide it over onto a clean plate. This way, you can slice it! I stored, kept my chocolate cheesecake into the fridge, for a more creamy chocolate cheesecake. So, when you want a lovely piece, your cheesecake will be very creamy & delicious! That is what you see with the 1st picture, straight from the fridge! :) Enjoy, my sweeties!