If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup croutons (preferably homemade, no larger than hazelnuts)
- Preheat your oven to 275° F. In a medium-sized bowl, toss the hazelnuts, walnuts, and pine nuts with the oil, and tomato paste, Parmesan cheese, and sugar. In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, dried basil, fresh oregano, fennel seeds, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat (or parchment) and place the nut mixture on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, tossing three times during baking—the pine nuts will be golden and the tomato paste crusty when they are done. As soon as the nuts come out of the oven, mix in the spice mixture and croutons. Let them cool completely before serving (or move to an airtight container for storage).
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Snacks