If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was handed down on a recipe card from a friend's mom years ago. It's a simple, weeknight friendly dish - who doesn't love taco night! —Oat&Sesame
- 1 pound organic chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato juice (I often omit this)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2-3) + extra for wedges
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- TOPPINGS & SUCH
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2-3 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- cilantro to top
- Optional: rice
- MARINATE THE CHICKEN Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or large ziploc bag. Add the chicken pieces and mix into the marinade. Place in dish and marinate 8 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- TO PREPARE THE TACOS Place chicken and the marinade into a large skillet on medium heat until cooked through. About 5-8 min. In a separate pan, sauté onion and peppers in a little olive oil until heated through. Char tortillas on an open gas flame, about 30 seconds per side. Moving around with tongs until blackened on edges. Assemble and top with jalapeños, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
- NOTES These can be made burrito style. Steam up some rice and roll them up!