If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Of course, inspired by the classic potato pancake, these yam pancakes combine the flavors of shallots, lemon, and salt & pepper to create a simple batter that is griddled up and topped with sour cream, fresh dill, and a squeeze of lemon. —One Happy Place
- 1 cup yams, coarsely grated
- 1 shallot, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh dill, to taste
- Sour cream, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Place grated yam in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix softened yams and remaining batter ingredients together until incorporated.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Let heat until bubbly.
- Drop batter into skillet (remember, this recipe makes 4 pancakes, so portion accordingly!)
- Cook until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Garnish with sour cream, lemon juice, and fresh dill and serve warm.