If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a huge fan of batch cooking, including for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. While some weeks I make bars or muffins for breakfast, there are those times when I simply want a hearty bowl of oatmeal. This oatmeal is very filling, packed with nutrients, and tastes like a dessert without any added sugar. Best of all, it takes under 30 minutes to make and will provide you with breakfast for the entire week! —Monica
Makes 15 cups
cups steel cut oats
cups rolled oats
cups chopped nuts (I used half brazil nuts and half walnuts)
cup pumpkin seeds
cup chia or hemp seeds (beware, chia will make the oatmeal sticky, but still delicious!)
- heat peaches and plums in large pot (I use a 5 L pot), on medium heat
- once juices have been released from the fruit (about 5-10 minutes), add steel cut oats
- once steel cut oats have cooked for about 10 minutes, add rolled oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, and chia/hemp seeds
- cook for another 5 minutes, then take off the heat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal