If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a filling dinner with ingredients picked up at the store on the way home! —Luci Petlack
ounces diced pancetta (or bacon)
cup wild rice
cups kale, chopped
teaspoon chili flakes (optional
pound raw shrimp, shelled & deveined
salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, cook pancetta until crispy, mixing around frequently (approximately 10-12 minutes). Remove from heat. Spoon pancetta onto paper towel-lined serving dish.
- Add a few tablespoons of chicken broth to pot. Beware of steam. With wooden spoon, scrape crispy pancetta pieces from bottom of pan.
- Return pot to high heat. Add remaining broth and rice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer thirty minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile pat dry shrimp with paper towel. Season both sides of shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Remove rice from heat. Let sit five minutes. Return pancetta to rice. Combine. Remove rice and pancetta to serving dish.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add kale, chili flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Saute kale 2-3 minutes until oil is absorbed. Cover. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Spoon kale over rice mixture.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp in a single layer. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until completely pink. Place shrimp over kale. Enjoy!