If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1.5 also pounds Beef Shank
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grounded pepper
- 1 pound also Patty Pan Squash (could be other Veggies like Carrots, Onion and Celery
- 1-2 Stalks leeks or green onion chopped into 3" pcs divided in half
- 1 inch ginger root smacked
- 2 tablespoons Mirin or Rice Wine
- 1 tablespoon Black Tea (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce (I use 100% naturally brewed ones)
- a few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 pieces Five Star Anise
- 1/4 cup whole pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed chili pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- pea size tomato paste, or a piece of tomato, or a few drop ketchup, or 1-2Cup V8.. (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cheese (optional)
- Clean beef shank and pad dry with paper towel. Rubbed 1/8 tsp salt and pepper on the Shank. High up the oil. Pan sear the Beef Shank in high heat for about 2 mins. Make sure the sear all sides of the Shank.
- Pan sear the Patty Pan Squash for a minute also in high heat using the same pan. Add more oil if needed.
- Place Ginger root, small Taros or potatoes, Beef Shank and the rest of the ingredients except the Patty Pan Squash and half of the Leek into pot in that order. You can use any kind of the pot. The thicker heavier the better. I use clay pot that really keep heat and flavor of the food very well. If you choose to use Crock pot or electric Pressure Cooker, it'd be even easier. But cook time will be different.
- Bring to boil in high heat, cover pot and simmer 3 hours
- Add the Patty Pan Squash cover and cook for 15 mins also until they are tender, add more liquid if needed
- Mix in the remaining half leek or green onion and cheese
- Plate or Serve directly in Pot. 2-4 Servings. (The 1st 2 steps of pan searing are optional)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal