If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty main course with deep flavors, luxurious texture, and generous chunks of sweet potato, corn, & onion —VeggiesByCandlelight
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (** optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 7 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into ~ 1" cubes
- 1 cup corn (fresh if corn is in season, or frozen)
- 1 cup coconut milk (** or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh curly parsley
- Add the oil to a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sugar and caramelize for 10 minutes
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper and stir to coat the onion
- Add the stock, sweet potatoes and corn and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes
- Stir in coconut milk (or heavy cream, if using)
- Remove bay leaves and puree about half of the chowder in a blender or food processor until smooth
- Return the puree to the pot and stir in garlic
- To serve, ladle the chowder into bowls and top with chopped parsley
- Serve with warm bread