If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This subtly sweet and spicy pumpkin and apple soup is a must-have for autumn. It's a simple, creamy and comforting dish for a colder day. —greenevi
- 1 Hokkaido squash
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- pinches salt
- pinches pepper
- pinches red pepper flakes
- Heat up coconut oil in a pot. Cut hokkaido and apple into small cubes, chop onion, mince garlic and ginger and add them to the pot with rosemary, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add broth or water and cook for about 20 minutes or until everything is cooked.
- Transfer mixture with the cream to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot. Heat it up a bit and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples