If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nut and Seed Granola Bars with a cracking chocolate top. —Renée Kemps
Makes 8 bars
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups (GF) oats
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup unsweetened apple puree
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate, melted (+ tempered if necessary)
- In a little bowl, combine chia seeds and water. Stir and set aside until a gel forms.
- In a big bowl, combine oats, salt, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, flaxseeds, and raisins.
- In another bowl, combine psyllium husk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple puree. Stir until combined. Add the chia gel and stir again.
- Pour wet into dry and using either a wooden spoon or your hands, thoroughly mix/knead until everything is coated and combined.
- Grease a baking tin (9 x 9, for short bars) or loaf pan (9 x 5, for higher bars) with coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
- Press the granola mixture into the pan, spreading it out evenly. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Bake granola bars for about 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Let cool completely.
- Trim the bar if necessary and cut 1,5 inches/4 cm bars. Dip one side into the melted chocolate. Place in the fridge to set completely.