If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: mmm. so good.
Peanut Butter note… I used old fashion, just roasted nuts and salt peanut butter… but I thick any peanut butter you have on hand would be just fantastic. —Colleen Stem
Makes 2 slices of toast
- 2 slices of a nice hardy wheaty bread that is good for toasting
- 2 cloves garlic
- enough peanut butter for the two pieces of toast (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- 1 small honey crisp apple or a similar variety
- 1 small sweet onion
- splashes apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice onion apple (removing stem and seeds) and toss into skillet and stick on low heat, Sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt and give it a splash of apple cider vinegar. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions and apple are caramelized.
- While the onion and apple are cooking, mince garlic and mix together with the peanut butter. When the stuff is just about done caramelizing, stick you bread in toaster (or broiler.. but watch it closely!) and give it a good toast to your darkness preference. When its toasted, smear each piece with equal amounts of the garlic peanut butter and top with the caramlized apple onion mixture. Sprinkle with a tiny pitch of salt and pepper.
- Eat, savor, enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples