If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple recipe blends the sweet roasted textures of some of my fall favorites; Apples and Acorn squash with the savory, tart brightness from the lemon and dijon dressing topping with some kale and pomegranate arils!! —Bucky Mitchell
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- Whisk olive oil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl and set aside.
Roasted Apple & Roasted Acorn Squash
- 1 Macintosh Apple
- 1/2 Acorn Squash (peeled)
- 1/2 tablespoon Pomegranate arils
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Kale
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and dice to acorn squash to your liking.
- Dice Macintosh apple (keep on skin for texture) to your liking.
- Combine Acorn Squash and Macintosh apple into medium size bowl and toss with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil until coated.
- Spread Acorn Squash and Macintosh apple into a single layer on a cooking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Chop 1/4 cup of kale to your liking (for added texture and direction).
- Remove from oven and little cool for 10 minutes. Add kale, lemon/dijon dressing and pomegranate arils, serve and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples