If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pork and fruit go quite well together--I already had a pork chop and pear dish, so I looked for something to use up apples that were not being eaten. This is the recipe I cobbled together that we liked best. —jph
- 6 pork chops about 3/4 to 1-inch thick, trimmed
- 1 large yellow onion, thin-sliced
- 3 large green apples, cored, pared, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, moderately crushed using a mortar/pestle
- garlic granules, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- Use a baking dish or casserole with a heavy lid. Arrange onion slices on the bottom; arrange apple slices over the onion; sprinkle with brown sugar; sprinkle with crushed caraway seeds. Sprinkle chops with garlic granules, spread 1 tsp brown mustard on each chop, and place on top of the apple/onion layers. Cover and bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for l hour.