This bowl of rainbows is a complete celebration of summer. Isn’t it? Yellows, greens, reds; swirls of spiky romanesco, spirals of beet and daikon. Peas, tomatoes and the most perfect of shiitakes anyone could ever dream of. It’s a bowl of mini miracles, a joining of the most vibrant of low sugar fruits and vegetables on offer. Color therapy, at it’s finest. —Shanna Jade | Kiss My Bowl
Large Yellow Beets
Heads of Romanesco
Raw Jungle Peanuts (any nut will do!)
Cloves of Garlic
Apple Cider Vinegar
Hemp Seed Oil
In This Recipe
1. To prep the veggies, using a spiralizer (or a julienne peeler), twirl the beets and daikon into long noodles.
2. Quarter the peas, keeping the pods in tact. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
3. Separate the romanesco into small pieces
4. Using a grater or a zester, grate the ginger and the garlic into a bowl
5. Add the miso paste, hot water, apple cider vinegar, hemp oil and maple syrup to the garlic and ginger, whisk until fully combined
6. Using a pair of sharp kitchen scissors, mince the Thai chili into the bowl
7. Arrange all of the vegetables, including the mushrooms in a large bowl
8. Thinly slice the green onion, sprinkling over the veggie bowl before dowsing in the miso dressing