If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe uses Gochujang or Korean Chili Bean Paste, that is available at most Asian grocery stores. Gochujang lends to the fried rice, a multitude of complex flavors; it's rich, sweet, spicy and salty all in one bite. —fusionrecipes.com
- 1 handful meat of your choice, diced into bite sized pieces (ex: shrimp, chicken, beef, pork)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 3 cups day old rice
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang or Korean Chili Bean Paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 stalks green onion, cut into 1cm pieces
- Fry chopped onions and garlic in cooking oil until fragrant.
- Add meat to mix and stir until cooked thoroughly. Once cooked, remove only meat from heat and set aside.
- Add carrots and stir. Add day old loosened rice.
- Add sweet red peppers and green onion.
- Add back cooked meat into the rice and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with cucumber and cilantro as garnish if preferred.