If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Apple achaar (relish) is a variation on the classic south indian 'milaga manga'. This quick relish is a great way to showcase the crisp & tart characteristics of Granny Smith apples . —Panfusine
Makes 2 cups
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (the heatless variety)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Peel, core and dice the apples. sprinkle the paprika, salt and turmeric over and toss to coat evenly
- Heat the oil till smoking and add the mustard seeds. once they pop, pour this sizzling mix over the apples and fold.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the apple and toss to combine evenly. Serve at room temperature
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples