Author Notes: Soft apples bundled into a melt in your mouth crumble that will quickly become a fall favorite. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
tablespoons corn flour
cup confectioner’s sugar
grams butter, chilled and cubed
medium gala apples, peeled, cored and cubed
tablespoons superfine sugar
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350F and grease proof a baking tin.
- Place the flours and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the center and add the butter. Combine with a fork until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour two thirds of the crumb mixture into the base of a slice tin and flatten down tightly. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Remove and set aside.
- Place the apples into a pot with the water on medium-low heat, add in the sugar and stir through. Cook for a further 5 minutes or the apples begin to look translucent on the edges.
- Spoon the apples over the base and spread evenly.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture together and sprinkle over the apples. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve.