If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soft apples bundled into a melt in your mouth crumble that will quickly become a fall favorite. —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 170 grams butter, chilled and cubed
- 5 medium gala apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350F and grease proof a baking tin.
- Place the flours and confectioner’s sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the center and add the butter. Combine with a fork until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour two thirds of the crumb mixture into the base of a slice tin and flatten down tightly. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Remove and set aside.
- Place the apples into a pot with the water on medium-low heat, add in the sugar and stir through. Cook for a further 5 minutes or the apples begin to look translucent on the edges.
- Spoon the apples over the base and spread evenly.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture together and sprinkle over the apples. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Slice and serve.