If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by the gorgeous grapes we harvested from our neighbor’s trellis. Living in an older neighborhood we are surrounded by fruit bearing trees & vines- many of them planted over 100 years ago by the original settlers in our town. We hate to see food go to waste, so you will regularly find hubby & I gleaning fruit from properties all across our neighborhood- making use of produce that would have otherwise ended up rotting. The grapes that grow across the street from our house are probably the best grapes ever. While they are delicious just eaten simply out of hand, Molly Yeh inspired me to use the grapes in a different way this summer- hence the halva and grape galette was born. —bella | ful-filled
HALVA AND GRAPE GALETTE
pound pie crust
ounces black grapes, halved
flaky sea salt
GREEK YOGURT WHIPPED CREAM
cup heavy whipping cream
cup greek yogurt
- pre-heat oven to 400f
- in a small bowl, mix tahini with honey
- roll pie crust into an 11" round and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- spread halva (tahini & honey mixture) onto pie crust leaving about 1" border around the edge of the crust & then place grape halves cut side down on top of halva, leaving about 1" border around the edge of the halva
- gently use the parchment paper to fold up the edges of the crust around the grapes, one section at a time - brush the crust with beaten egg yolk & lightly sprinkle the entire galette with flaky sea salt
- bake for about 20 minutes until nice & golden - remove from oven & let cool
- while galette cools, make the whipped cream: whip heavy cream & honey until soft peaks add greek yogurt & continue to whip until a bit firmer
- serve galette with a dollop of greek yogurt whipped cream atop each slice