If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I always felt that the sweet potato and marshmallow dish at Thanksgiving dinner is an over kill. It is, in my opinion, very sweet and no texture. So, I came up with this dish that I serve at my Thanksgiving dinner and my restaurant. —Sanaa Abourezk
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- zest one lemon
- 1/2 cup Coarsely chopped walnuts
- salt to taste
- Heat half of the olive oil. Saute the walnuts for a minute. Add the cilantro and the cranberries. Stir for few seconds. Turn off the heat and then season with the coriander, the cayenne peppers and the salt. Set aside.
- Peel the baked sweet potatoes and mash them until smooth. Add the rest of the olive oil, the lemon juice, the lemon zests and salt. Tastes, adjust the seasoning and then spoon into baking dish.
- Bake in 395 F. degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the baked sweet potatoes from the oven, top with the cilantro and walnut mixture and savor the flavor
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe