If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet earthy squash is roasted until caramelized then whipped into a creamy puree and topped with brown butter fried sage. —Nicole
- 2 pounds delicata squash
- 1/4 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cups grated parmeson cheese
- 2 eggs, beated
- 5 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Toss delicata squash with olive oil and spices. Place on baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer squash to a medium sized bowl. Add yogurt, brown sugar and Parmesan cheese. Whip together with a hand blender until creamy. Mix in eggs, and beat for another 4 minutes. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Set aside.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy bottom light colored skillet, heat the butter gently over low heat until it has melted completely. With a rubber spatula, scrap the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Once it smells nutty and toasty, add sage leaves. Cook for another 2 minutes, swirling and titling the pan.
- Pour the butter on top of the squash casserole. Arrange leaves like so on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve.