If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a kid I loved cranberry sauce from the can, but my tastes have changed. This cranberry sauce is made from scratch, but takes little time or work. The dried cherries are the secret ingredient that will keep you coming back for more. —Laura Dembowski
- 1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together cranberries, cherries, orange zest, cinnamon, water, sugar, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil while stirring frequently. Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened and most of the berries have burst, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled. Sauce may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for When You Want It to Feel Like Fall