If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
teaspoons salt, plus more for sprinkling
teaspoons onion powder
teaspoons garlic powder
Canola oil, for frying
- Peel the potatoes and spiralize them on the large noodle blade of your machine.
- Break up any really long noodles into more of a fry length (or don't), then transfer them to a bowl of boiling hot water. Let them sit in the water for 15 minutes.
- In a plastic bag, combine the dry ingredients except the flour. Transfer half the mixture to a separate bowl and add the flour to the plastic bag (you'll coat the potatoes with the spice-flour mixture before and the spice mixture after they have fried). Drain the potatoes from the water (drain them well!) and, a handful at a time, gently add them to the plastic bag and shake gently so they're all covered in the coating.
- Heat about 3 inches of canola oil in a deep pan to about 350° F. When the oil is hot, fry the potatoes in batches (you don't want to crowd the pan). The fries should be crusty and brown in about 3 minutes.
- Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to get rid of excess oil. Sprinkle with spice mixture and salt and continue with the rest of the potatoes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!