If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 cheese ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce, like Frank’s or Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Crushed pretzels, for garnish
- Celery and carrots, for serving
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a spatula, whip the cream cheese and butter together until fully incorporated.
- Add the blue cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire, shallot, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or at least until the cream cheese mixture is firm to the touch.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator, and shape into a ball. Crush a significant amount of the pretzels and, on a baking sheet, roll the cheese ball into the pretzels so that it is fully covered. Serve with celery and carrots.