If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 1 cheese ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 sheet nori (dried seaweed)
- 1 teaspoon togarashi, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a spatula, whip the cream cheese and butter together until fully incorporated.
- Add the soy sauce, mayonnaise, nori, togarashi, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or at least until the cream cheese mixture is firm to the touch.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator, and shape into a ball.
- On a baking sheet, spread out the sesame seeds and additional togarashi and roll the cheese ball in them so that it is fully covered. Serve with crisp cucumbers and crackers.