Makes: 1 cheese ball
ounces cream cheese, softened
tablespoons butter, softened
tablespoon soy sauce
sheet nori (dried seaweed)
teaspoon togarashi, plus more for garnish
Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
Black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a spatula, whip the cream cheese and butter together until fully incorporated.
- Add the soy sauce, mayonnaise, nori, togarashi, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly, and turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or at least until the cream cheese mixture is firm to the touch.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator, and shape into a ball.
- On a baking sheet, spread out the sesame seeds and additional togarashi and roll the cheese ball in them so that it is fully covered. Serve with crisp cucumbers and crackers.