If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fall flavored recipe featuring roasted pumpkin and creamy coconut. —Joanie Simon
- 1 pie pumpkin
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 13.5 ounces can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ponzu
- Start by preheating your oven to 425F.
- Next, using a hefty sharp knife, halve your pumpkin and scoop out gunk inside.
- Then, rub both halves liberally with olive oil and place them cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Next, heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in your chopped leeks, carrots and garlic. Saute stirring regularly until the leeks are softened.
- Then, add in the ginger, cardamom and 4 cups of veggie stock.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes to let all of the flavors mingle and the vegetables soften.
- Next, scoop out the insides of the pumpkins after roasting is done and add to the pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in the coconut milk and 1 tsp of ponzu.
- Next, if you have a stick blender, blend the entire contents of the pot until silky smooth. If you don't have a stick blender, add everything to a standard blender, blend until smooth and return to the pot. Once the soup is smooth, if it's too thick add in water by the ¼ cup until you get a desired consistency.
- Add salt to your taste level and maintain over low heat until ready to serve.
- Optional garnishes include smoked paprika, high quality olive oil and parsley.