If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This savory soup is a perfect dish on the Thanksgiving table. —Melissa Mimi Fayyazi
small pumpkin, roasted
cups chicken broth
cup heavy cream
clove garlic (crushed)
teaspoon canola oil
- Wash pumpkin and scrape pumpkin seeds out.
- Cut pumpkin in half and brush with olive oil.
- Place cut side down into a casserole dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup water into the dish and roast in the oven for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, carmelize the onions and garlic in the canola oil.
- When the pumpkin is done, remove from the oven and scoop the cooked pumpkin into a blender.
- Add the onion mixture in the blender and puree.
- Pour pumpkin puree in a 6 quart saucepan and add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and salt.
- Place lid onto saucepan and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with a splash of heavy cream and a pinch of chopped Italian parsley.