If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fun cocktail for Halloween that looks gross (and is filled with slimy frog eggs/eyeballs that are actually boba tea balls!) but tastes quite sophisticated from the combination of mint, Green Chartreuse, lime, gin, and Aperol. —fiveandspice
- 1/2 cup boba tea tapioca pearls (I used black ones I found on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 4 ounces Green Chartreuse
- 4 ounces gin
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 1 ounce Aperol (or Campari)
- First prepare the boba tapioca balls. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, then add the 1/4 cup sugar and the tapioca balls. Wait until the tapioca balls float to the surface, then cover and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until they reach your desired softness. Drain and run cold water over them for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
- To make each cocktail, muddle 5 mint leaves in the bottle of a cocktail shaker. Add 1 ounce each Chartreuse, gin, lime juice, and simple syrup. Fill the shaker 2/3 to 3/4 full of ice and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Dump the contents of the shaker into a tall cocktail glass, and stir in a couple spoonfuls of the cooked tapioca balls. Gently spoon 1/4 ounce of Aperol over the top, then serve immediately with a straw. Repeat to make the remaining three cocktails.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: