If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocados from Mexico make salads sing. Give your favorite classic a fresh, new twist or try this delicious addition to the traditional caprese salad. —Avocados from Mexico
- 2 medium red, ripe tomatoes, cut into eight slices
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves removed, washed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into eight slices
- 1 ripe avocado from Mexico, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- On a large serving platter layer slice of tomato, larger basil leaves, mozzarella slices, and avocado slices, repeating the layers fanning them out slightly on the plate until you’ve used all of the mozzarella, tomato, and avocado.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt.
- Finish the salad by garnishing with a few small basil leaves, and serves.