If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade granola bars with dried cherries and crunchy almonds - easy to make! —garlic and zest
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 8x12" pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, wheat germ and cherries.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, butter, almond butter, honey, vanilla and kosher salt, stirring constantly until butter has melted and the mixture is smooth, 3-4 minutes. Pour the almond butter mixture over the oat mixture and using a rubber spatula mix together until evenly combined.
- Spray your fingers with a bit of vegetable spray and rub your hands together, to prevent sticking. Turn the granola onto your prepared pan and use your fingertips to press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove and cool to room temperature before cutting into bars.