If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This luscious pho recipe has a lot of different ingredients, yet this soup comes together very quickly. I made this on a weeknight and it was perfect! —MaryFrancesCooks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters and then 1/4" slices
- 1 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 10 cups vegetable broth or vegetable pho
- 5.5 ounces brown rice udon noodles
- 4 kale stalks- main artery removed, rolled and cut in chiffonade
- 1/3 of a bunch of beet greens, stalks separated from greens and greens sliced thin
- 3/4 of an orange pepper cut into 1/3" squares
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-cured black olives
- 1 tomatilla chopped
- 1 handful sorrel leaves, leaves sliced, stems chopped for garnish (or use sliced scallions)
- salt to taste
- Warm the olive oil with the onions in a large skillet. Cover and sweat the onions for 5 minutes on low heat. Add the ground veal and brown partially, until just pink and broken up into small chunks. Add the curry powder and salt to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Meanwhile pour the broth into a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Add the udon and cook 2 minutes less than the package directions.
- Turn heat to low and add the meat and all the rest of the vegetables, except for the sorrel stems. Stir for a minute or two. Add the chopped olives at the very end.
- Serve immediately in bowls with chopsticks and LOVE. Garnish with the chopped sorrel stems, or you could use thinly sliced scallions. Enjoy!!