If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love using granola to make an awesome muffin streusel. For these, I used Kind Snacks peanut butter granola clusters), but you can use any flavor of your favorite granola. —Erin McDowell
Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter granola clusters
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and rub it between your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the granola clusters and mix to combine.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line each cavity with muffin liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar to combine.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing to incorporate and scraping well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, and fold in the mashed bananas. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Top each muffin with a few tablespoons of streusel (I like a lot). Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!