If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love a good pumpkin pie with plenty of spice, cream, and Cognac. Serve it like Beard did: “on the warm side, with Cognac-flavored and sweetened whipped cream." Adapted slightly from Epicurious/House & Garden (December 1963). —Food52
- Pie dough for a 9" pie
- 2 cups cooked puréed pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/3 cup Cognac
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- Line a 9" pie tin with pie dough and place foil on top. Fill with dry beans and bake in a 400° F oven for 10 minutes. Remove the beans and foil.
- Combine the pumpkin with the sugar, eggs, cream, seasonings, and Cognac and blend well. Pour through a strainer into the pie shell. Sprinkle with chopped candied ginger and bake in a 375° F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the pumpkin is set. Serve slightly warm with cheese or whipped cream, or both.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!