Author Notes: There's a long and convoluted story surrounding these cookies. If you want the entire story check it out at http://www.mywellseasonedlife.com/sicilian-christmas-cookies/ Trust me these are good and have a history. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes: a few dozen
tablespoon baking powder
stick butter cut into cubes
egg beaten for wash
cups sesame seeds
- Add dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Add butter to processor and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse corn meal.
- In a separate bowl beat 3 eggs and vanilla until mixed.
- Turn processor on and add eggs. Mix just until blended. Remove the dough from processor and knead until flour is incorporated. Don't over work dough.
- Roll to your favorite shape, coat with egg wash and sprinkle with colored sugar or sesame seeds.
- Bake in 350 oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World