If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's a long and convoluted story surrounding these cookies. If you want the entire story check it out at http://www.mywellseasonedlife.com/sicilian-christmas-cookies/ Trust me these are good and have a history. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes a few dozen
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter cut into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg beaten for wash
- 1 + cups sesame seeds
- Add dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Add butter to processor and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse corn meal.
- In a separate bowl beat 3 eggs and vanilla until mixed.
- Turn processor on and add eggs. Mix just until blended. Remove the dough from processor and knead until flour is incorporated. Don't over work dough.
- Roll to your favorite shape, coat with egg wash and sprinkle with colored sugar or sesame seeds.
- Bake in 350 oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
More Great Recipes: