If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If dark chocolate isn't your thing, feel free to substitute semisweet or milk chocolate chips. I used Justin's Classic Peanut Butter in this recipe, but you could use any nut butter you prefer. —Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Serves 10 to 14
- 9 cups Chex or Crispix cereal
- 1 cup bittersweet (or other dark) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter is a microwavable-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until you can stir the mixture to a smooth consistency. Then add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into a 2-gallon, resealable plastic bag and add the powdered sugar. Shake until well coated. Spread onto the lined baking sheet and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!