Author Notes: If dark chocolate isn't your thing, feel free to substitute semisweet or milk chocolate chips. I used Justin's Classic Peanut Butter in this recipe, but you could use any nut butter you prefer. —Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Serves: 10 to 14
cups Chex or Crispix cereal
cup bittersweet (or other dark) chocolate chips
cup creamy peanut butter
cup unsalted butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon kosher salt
cups powdered sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter is a microwavable-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until you can stir the mixture to a smooth consistency. Then add the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into a 2-gallon, resealable plastic bag and add the powdered sugar. Shake until well coated. Spread onto the lined baking sheet and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!