If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve made spring rolls many times before, mostly with shrimp, but this time I decided to throw in a crunchy, vegan addition: golden pan-fried tofu. So picture it: soft noodle-like rice paper, crunchy raw veggies, crispy tofu, and a chili soy sauce. Yes, please. —The Satisfied Craver
Makes 12 rolls
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu, cut into strips
- 12 sheets of rice paper
- 1 bowl of water
- 1 cup savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, julienend
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and julienned
Soy Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 thai chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- juice of a small lime
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. In a small bowl, season the corn starch with salt and pepper and dust the tofu with the mix. Fry the tofu until golden and crispy. Set aside on a metal rack until warm.
- Dip a rice paper sheet in the bowl of water until completely covered for about 15 seconds. Place the sheet on a flat surface. Place cabbage, carrots, green onions, cucumbers, and a strip of fried tofu on the sheet. Roll tightly, folding over once. Tuck in both edges and finish rolling.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, fish sauce, chili, honey, sesame oil, and lime juice. Enjoy ASAP.