If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes eleven to twelve 1/2-cup servings
For the dinosaur eggs:
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dinosaur-shaped sprinkles (see headnote)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
For the instant oatmeal:
- 5 cups quick (or instant) oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- For the dinosaur eggs, place the white chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted. Quickly add the sprinkles and stir to coat. The sprinkles might start to bleed a little, but that’s okay!
- Transfer this to a resealable, quart-sized plastic bag and add to the confectioners' sugar. Now, it’s time to shake it like a polaroid picture. Shake the bag to coat and separate the sprinkles, periodically squeezing the larger clumps. Keep shaking until “eggs” form. Some eggs will be bigger than others, but this just means there’s multiple dinosaurs hiding inside. If this bothers you, gently break up the larger clumps into smaller eggs using your fingers.
- For the instant oatmeal, place 3 cups of the oats into a large bowl. Put the remaining 2 cups into a blender and process until powdery, then place into the bowl with the whole oats. Add the salt, brown sugar, and powdered milk and whisk to combine. Add the dinosaur eggs and use your hands to mix and evenly distribute. Transfer this to an airtight container to store.
- For serving, place 1/2 cup of the oatmeal into a bowl and add boiling water until you get your desired consistency. Stir with a fork and watch those eggs dissolve! Feel the child-like happiness. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!