Author Notes: These cookies melt in your mouth and they are totally addictive. I first had them at my Jewish Moroccan friend Henna party in Barcelona. I make them on Hannukah. —May I have that recipe
cup vegetable oil
cups confectioner's sugar
cups almond flour or almond meal
cups whole wheat pastry flour
teaspoon baking powder
tablespoon ground cinnamon and a little extra for sprinling
- Preheat oven at 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Combine oil and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add almond flour, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to oil and almond flour. Mix well with a wooden spoon and then with your hands, to form a dough.
- If dough is too wet refrigerate for 15-20 minutes if not, use your hands to form small balls. Place them on the cookie sheet and slightly flatten each one.
- Bake at 325F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon when the cookies come out of the oven and let them cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World