If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A phyllo dough crust is the perfect substitute for the crisp, thin wafer of this classic candy. It's filled with a milk chocolate-hazelnut gianduja and finished with a milk chocolate glaze and toasted hazelnuts. —Erin McDowell
Makes: one 9-inch pie
sheets phyllo dough
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
ounces hazelnut paste
ounces milk chocolate, chopped and melted
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup heavy cream
tablespoon corn syrup
tablespoon unsalted butter
ounces milk chocolate, chopped
cups toasted whole hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Brush a piece of phyllo with melted butter, and sprinkle it lightly with some sugar. Place another piece of phyllo on top, slightly askew (so that the points do not match up).
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo until you've come full circle, layering each piece with butter and the sugar mixture. The finished crust should look like a clock, with multiple corners poking out from the mismatched phyllo dough.
- Gently transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate. Scrunch the edges roughly to create a ruffled effect. Set aside.
- Place a piece of greased parchment in the center of the crust and fill with pie weights. Bake the crust until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make the filling, stir together the hazelnut paste and the melted chocolate until smooth. Add the salt and vanilla extract. Pour into the cooled crust, and let set at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- When the filling is set, make the topping. Bring the cream to a boil over medium heat. In a medium, heat-safe bowl, mix the corn syrup, butter, and chocolate. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate mixture, and let sit for 15 seconds. Stir until smooth, then cool until no longer warm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the pie in a smooth, even layer. Let set. Decorate with the hazelnuts.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!