If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this recipe when we stopped eating cabbage but loved cabbage rolls. You can make them with or without meat, comfort food at its finest. —Janice Pawlik
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 pound Organic ground beef
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 2 cups Cooked. Basamati rice
- 1 1/2 cups Salsa or tomato sauce
- 6-8 Slices bacon
- 1 Organic Swiss Chard
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground pepper - add to meat
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt to taste
- Sauté chopped onion in a bit of olive oil add ground beef cook for 15 minutes until meat is completely done. 2. Add cooked rice to beef and onion, add seasoning and gently mix all together. Take out half cooked meat mixture and set aside. 3. Wash Swiss chart and roughly chop in larger pieces. Remove stems if you like, optional to use or not. 4. In a deep casserole approx. 9x12 add the first layer of 1/2 mixture of meat mixture, lay half the chard and repeat with meat mixture and top layer of Swiss chard, pour tomatoes or salsa over casserole. Layer on top 6-8 slices of bacon, I never said it was low fat... Bake in 350 oven covered for 30 minutes Uncover and broil for 2 minutes ( optional) Let rest for 5 minutes before serving Serve hot with Greek yoghurt or sour cream, enjoy!