If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is similar to a pound cake, but not quite as dense. It is much simpler to make, though: you mix everything in one bowl, and instead of measuring cups, you use the yogurt contain to measure the other ingredients. Adapted from this recipe for gâteau au yaourt from marmiton.org: http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_gateau-au-yaourt_12719.aspx —pantryhero
Makes one 8.5 x 4.5" loaf
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 4-oz. container vanilla yogurt, at room temperature for an hour (Dannon Activia and Stonyfield YoBaby are this size)
- 1/2 container vegetable oil
- 2 containers sugar
- 3 containers all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, at room temperature for an hour
- 1 orange, zested
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Lightly butter a 8.5 x 4.5″ loaf pan, line it with parchment paper so it overhangs the long sides by about 1/2″, and lightly butter the paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder and yogurt. Add all of the other ingredients in the order listed, whisking to incorporate after each one. (You will have to rinse and dry the yogurt container in between measuring the oil and the sugar.)
- Scrape the batter into your prepared pan and bake until done, about 50 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the ends and remove the cake from the pan by grabbing and lifting the parchment paper. Let cool completely before slicing.
More Great Recipes: Cakes