If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mash-up of a few of my favorite dishes, we always do Greek food on Christmas eve, and this is a play on that tradition. —Alexandra V. Jones
- 4 Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de provence or Italian seasoning, dried, or sub 1 tablespoon of fresh.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8 sheets, phyllo defrosted.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 kalamata olives, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate your chicken in breasts, in the oil, soy, lemon, herbs, and s+p, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Blanch spinach, and squeeze out the water, place in a bowl with ricotta, feta, egg, and s+p.
- Sear chicken breasts over high heat in a skillet drizzled with a bit of olive oil, till each side is golden, they don't have to be fully cooked as they will go into the oven and finish. Set chicken aside to rest.
- Butter a sheet of phyllo, top with another sheet, butter, place chicken in the middle, top with spinach mixture, fold sides in first then roll from the bottom up. Butter top, bake for 30 minutes or so till golden and crisp.
- While chicken cooks, combine "salsa" ingredients. When chicken packets are done cooking let them rest five minutes. Cut on the bias and top with salsa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Show-Stopping Holiday Main
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper