If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from a recipe from Libby's Pumpkin, this loaf is a snap to mix up, comes together in minutes, and bakes into a moist, chocolate-filled bread that's impossible to stop eating. —Posie Harwood
Makes two 8- by 5-inch loaves
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease two 8- by 5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and canned pumpkin.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave until fully melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add 1 cup of the pumpkin batter to the melted chocolate chips and stir until smooth and well-mixed.
- Pour a 1-inch layer of the pumpkin batter in the bottom of each of the prepared loaf pans. Spoon a layer of the chocolate batter on top of each pan, taking care to keep the chocolate from spreading to the very edges.
- Divide the remaining pumpkin batter between both pans and carefully smooth it over the chocolate filling so that it completely covers the chocolate.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!