If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Gluten free, dairy free, cookies are filled with cinnamon, dried apple chips and vanilla - they not only smell delicious but taste heavenly - and - without the icing, they can even be breakfast! —Shashi @RunninSrilankan
Makes 8 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup of melted (not hot) coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup of roughly crushed apple chips (you could also use dried apples or freeze dried apples)
- 1/2 cup GLAZE:confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon GLAZE: cinnamon AND a few splashes of milk to make it an “icing” consistency.
- First, I preheated the oven to 350 • Then, I added 1¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1 cup gluten free flour blend, ½ cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to a bowl and mixed them up.
- Next I added in ⅛ cup of melted(not hot) coconut oil, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and ¼ teaspoon almond extract to the dry mix and stirred it well
- Then I added in ½ cup of roughly crushed apple chips (you could also use dried apples or freeze dried apples)
- • I formed this mix into 8 balls and baked them for 12 minutes on a parchment lined baking tray.
- • When cooled, I glazed some of them with a glaze of ½ cup confectioners’ sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and a few splashes of milk to make it an “icing” consistency.
More Great Recipes: