If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says winter comfort like this creamy pumpkin soup sprinkled with crispy bacon and toasted pumpkin seeds. The smoky bacon gives this soup a surprisingdepth of flavor, while the pumpkin gives it just the right hint of sweetness. Don’t have time to cook during the week? This soup freezes great, so freeze individual portions that you can pop into the microwave whenever you are in a rush.
Note: Recipe originally appeared on http://ultimatepaleoguide.com/recipes/. —Ultimate Paleo Guide
- 1/2 pound Bacon, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Celery stalks, diced
- 4 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon until crispy in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Remove from the pot and place on a paper towel lined plate to cool. Set aside.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the pot. Add the olive oil, onions, carrots, and celery. Sautée until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the apples and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until they begin to caramelize. Add the garlic, cinnamon, and ground ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and pumpkin puree. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Either transfer the soup to a food processor or use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with the crisp bacon and pumpkin seeds.